Hawaiian Days Are Here
My gym, 24 Hour Fitness, is currently having a "Hawaiian Days" special! Here's some of the things they are doing in honor of the event:
Posted on June 03, 2002 to
- Giving away a trip for two to Honolulu
- All employees are wearing leis.
- Front desk receptionist answers phone "Aloha, and thank you for calling 24 Hour Fitness!"
- Brochures and schedules rewritten using a 13-letter alphabet.
- The signs on the Mens and Womens locker rooms have been changed to read "Kanes" and "Wahines".
- All clocks now show Hawaii Standard Time
- Humuhumunukunukuapua`a adopted as the official fish.
- Ceremony will recreate the discovery of 24 Hour Fitness by oceangoing Polynesians.
- Will release wild mongoose into the 24 Hour Fitness environment in an ill-conceived attempt to control the rat population.
- 24 Hour Fitness will renounce monarchy and become newest the state to join the Union.