<< Ask the Answer Guy! | Free Willy 4: Seriously, Willy, Get The Hell Out Of Here >>
Share the Wealth

Great Grandmother of Cher, there's a brief article about me at Salon.com and defective yeti has been MetaFiltered. Why? Because of the Internet community's insatiable yen for more people who blog about their cats? No, ostensibly because this lil' bit o' the funny somehow turned into One Of Those Things That People At My Office Are Forever Forwarding To Me With The Subjectline "Monday Funnies LOL!!!!". The real reason, of course, is simply because I won The Great Weblog Lottery. Like a regular lottery, The Great Weblog Lottery confers upon some undeserving schmoe a veritable windfall for no fathomable reason. (Although unlike a regular lottery, said schmoe cannot then purchase a miniature golf course).

The windfall in The Great Weblog Lottery is publicity, which is to a blogger's ego what nitroglycerine is to a campfire. But if I learned anything from the Spider-Man movie it's that with great power comes an inability to hook up with Kirsten Dunst, along with a wheelbarrel full of guilt. So despite the fact that 94% of my new visitors never made it through the first paragraph (see above), I would kindly ask that the remaining 6% please check out some of the equally worthy blogs listed below; blogs that are little-known but just as deserving of an increased readership.

Dog Door of Death
Kafkaesque
Clark Hornbell
Bruce Hartman
Kenneth Hunt
Speedy Snail
Jerry Kindall
Amphiskios
Organic Mechanic
If you know of a relatively unknown but nonetheless enjoyable blog, feel free to mention it in the comments. (In fact, here's one from the comments that I am hereby adding to the list: Mimi Smartypants.)

P.s. If I win the actual lottery none of you bastard is getting a dime, so don't even ask.

Posted on September 16, 2002 to dy





Comments

should that check be written out in U.S. dollars?

Posted by: machaus on September 16, 2002 1:06 PM

Way to share the wealth, guy! I applaude your magnanimity.

Watch out for any friends you may not have mentioned, though. A buddy of mine got a mention on Wil Wheaton Dot Net three days after launching his blog. This friend did not have your foresight. I am still bitter.

Great blog you've got here. I'll be checking back for sure.

Posted by: Jack on September 16, 2002 1:16 PM

What a guy...

I had Kirsten Dunst once, she's not all she's cracked up to be.

Oh wait... Yeah, that was a dream. Sorry.

Posted by: Bruce on September 16, 2002 2:45 PM

I always knew there was a yeti looking out for me.

thanks for the plug!

Posted by: kafkaesque on September 16, 2002 2:58 PM

Just don't let all the morning talk shows swell your head. Wait for late night.
;)

Posted by: Kenneth on September 16, 2002 6:10 PM

It's so nice to discover a blog that's not one of THE blogs, but still awesome. I thought the Evite thing was very clever, and I'll definitely be back to defective yeti, whatever that means. Check out mine if you get a chance; it's hard to survive when you get no love from the bigshots. ;)

Posted by: Lauren on September 16, 2002 6:12 PM

aww shucks, thanks for the plug. you are a Pretty Okay Guy.

Posted by: adam on September 16, 2002 9:36 PM

congrats on hitting the blog jackpot. that's very cool of you to tout your friends and invite others to do the same. here's my nominee: mimi smartypants. or is she not little known? hmmm.

http://smartypants.diaryland.com/

Posted by: holly on September 16, 2002 9:53 PM

Why is the Yeti Defective again?

I hope my weblog is readable enough:
http://www.jeffryg.com/blog/

Posted by: Jeff on September 17, 2002 7:36 AM

Thanks for pimping my site, but I'm kinda hoping to stay a nobody and unpowerful so Kirsten and I can make a life together ("make a life"?).

Posted by: Clark on September 17, 2002 9:31 AM

Congrats on the Salon mention and thanks for sharing the linklove, Matthew.

Posted by: Jerry Kindall on September 17, 2002 1:10 PM

I am gonna plug ya on Eyesaw as well Eyesaw in Particular...Ezra/The Minister pointed you in my direction (Invite for War!) ~ xlnt read, thnx for leaving the door open!

Posted by: btezra on September 17, 2002 1:36 PM

Congrats on hitting the jackpot, Matthew, and thanks for the plug. A shame that my site was looking a bit neglected at the time, but your excellent run of late spurs me back into action. Or into feeling totally inadequate.

Posted by: Rory on September 18, 2002 6:48 AM

The guy is a complete hedonist... decent writing and pretty funny when he keeps the entries flowing...

Posted by: a fan of singular on September 18, 2002 2:55 PM

Thanks for the plug, yo -- once I get around to maintaining my site (soon) you will undoubtably be receiving a rave review.

Posted by: j.edwards on September 21, 2002 4:34 PM