Posted on November 19, 2008 to Tweets
- Just saw a woman talking on two cell phones simultaneously while driving, one in her left hand, the other shoulder-pinned to her right ear. Not a joke.
- Hopefully the "major character is replaced by a black man" thing will last longer for America than it did for Iron Man or Green Lantern.
- Me: "There's a new birth control pill called Yaz?" Wife: "Well, now we know what they were doing upstairs at Eric's."
- Eating grilled cheese sandwiches always fills me with nostalgia. And grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Conspicuously reading Catcher in the Rye at cafes to meet college girls didn't pan out, so I'll try reading Lolita at the Twilight premiere.
- The great thing about having an emergency kit that consists solely of Otter Pops is that it really makes you excited for an emergency.
- I am reliving my high school years. Specifically the parts where I am frequently pulled over for speeding.
- Heard Palin's voice on the radio this morning. It was like a bout of diarrhea 3 days after you thought you'd beaten the flu.
- I selected the gmail theme "Lonely." It always puts "(13)" after "Inbox".
- Drop me a line if you want a Gmail invite, I have 94 left.
I'd never heard of Otter Pops and eagerly looked them up on Wikipedia, expecting some delicious, new treat from the Pacific Northwest. Boy, was I disappointed!
Love the Palin analogy. Made me realize how glad I am to have *not* heard her voice in a couple of weeks.
They still make Otter Pops!?!
...Or Doctor Who (rumoured) or Battlestar Galactica (if you're travelling backwards in time).
Автор молодец - всегда пишет на актуальные темы. Респект!
Matt, you always paint yourself as the uber-geek and the Queen as a fairly normal civilian. However, the 'Yaz' comment calls for a reevaluation. Obviously your good lady wife can hold her own in nerdom.
Где-тя я уже такое читала. Причем слово в слово.
I hope you had some luck with the hot teens at Twilight!
And, look at you being all popular in Russia now! If I knew any Russian, I would put some here.
Ha, ha, ha! The Yaz reference was killer. Gives a whole new meaning to "Bad Connection."
Did you know, Buster, Vince Clarke of Yaz(oo) fame wrote "Just Can't Get Enough" while he was with Depeche Mode. So this new pill has all kinds of delightful Yaz trivia surrounding it. Did Alison Moyet quit to become a scientist?
I have a friend that's a massage therapist. I was blown away earlier this year when we were headed out to eat and she was driving. She received a call on one phone and while taking the message, used another phone to call an associate to handle the appointment! All this while driving in city traffic in a state where it's illegal to use a phone while driving unless it's hand's free.
P.S. Otter Pops are good, though I still call them "Kool Pops" as a habit from when I was a kid. I think that brand was produced by Kool-Aid. The best though, are the ones I found this year at Walgreens. A&W Rootbeer, Dr Pepper, and Orange Crush pops in the Otter Pop type of package. There is supposedly a 7Up pop too, but the store never got any of them in.
I can remember 6th grade in the early 1970s. The school would sell 7Up and rootbeer popsicles, along with "50/50" popsicles, an orange creamsicle. Wish I could find them nowadays.
Thanks Alyce! Then would it be a stretch to mention Master & Servant?
Oh, I a few months ago, I had the pleasure of seeing a reunited Yaz in concert. While I was singing outloud & shedding a tear for Only You, I couldn't help but notice that everyone around me was OLD! When did I become a 36 year old woman trying to recapture her youth???
Methinks the Queen can definately hold her own with your brand of humor!