Posted on September 08, 2008 to Tweets
- Having one of my rare good hair days. If you know me in person, please strive to see me before I go to bed this evening.
- Debating whether to watch Hillary Clinton tonight or Battlestar Galactica. Eh, it's cylons either way.
- Free idea for right-wingers: start referring to pro-immigration advocates as "pedrophiles".
- Re. Palin vetting: Heck of a job, POWnie.
- The only thing worse that being stuck in a 3 hour training session is being stuck in a 3 hour training session that you're providing.
- Today I had my first exposure to the TV program "7th Heaven". On the upside, at least now I have the antibodies.
- My mother described "7th Heaven" as "kind of like Murder She Wrote ... in that you'll probably make fun of it on your blog."
You make fun of "Murder She Wrote"?
That's it. It's over between us.
I wish I was just being exposed to 7th Heaven. I had to endure that show while I was courting my wife. The only thing that kept me going was playing 7 degrees of 7th Heaven in my head. I can connect the little girl (Ruthie) on that show to Mr. T. See, both the parents on the show were in a Star Trek movie with William Shatner (I think it was the one where they needed to find a whale), who has appeared in Star Trek, Next Generation Episodes with ::pick any core character, i.e. Levar Burton:: who played along side a character named "Bently" I think, who played "Murdock" on "The A-Team", with Mr. T. Go ahead, pick someone and try it. It's fun!
Murdock = Dwight Schultz = Lieutenant Barclay
Yes I'm a geek.
"7th Heaven" wasnt a guilty pleasure for me, it was a guilty agony. I can't quite explain why I watched it--especially after Television Without Pity finally reached their maximum tolerance level and stopped the recaps that ripped it to shreds--but it was like watching a serial car wreck: how much worse will it get? How un-Christian? How xenophobic? How anti-actual-family-values? How bad would the acting get? How horrible would the "moral lessons" be?
I couldn't wait to see how low they would sink.
But, @JacqueChadall, I would NEVER have knowingly or willingly subjected another living human being to its horrors.
And yet I'd still pick watching "7th Heaven" over "The Gilmore Girls" just about any day of the week.
Haha! POWs are so dumb! That's awesome. Do soldiers MIA next!
My father swears that is exactly what our house was like growing up. Yet, the doctor won't take that as proof that he clearly has dementia.
Good hair day? I've reached the age where "good hair day" is being defined as "it's still up there".
My other half and I used to watch 7th Heaven every so often. But we'd imagine that the father was actually prostituting out the kids in order to afford that massive house of theirs. It added a whole new subtext to everything, even if it was massively politically incorrect.
Hilary is out of the race now. You can drop the misogyny so I can start liking you again.